Pages

Sunday 27 January 2013

2012 in a Nutshell

What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Well. I lost my job, I travelled for hours to meet someone from the internet, I stayed RIP at Download, I lost someone extremely close to me, I turned 23 (lol)...

Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I can't say I ever make New Year's Resolutions. But I'm sure I'd break them!

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope!

Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my Grandma.

What countries did you visit?
Only England and Wales.

What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A lovely boyfriend, a job where I'm appreciated, more gigs and shows under my belt?

What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory?
A good few! Jan 10th I was told I was losing my job, April 13th I had my VCH, April 19th my Grandma died, 1st June I met Ben, December 6th we finished at work...there's more but y'know...

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Um, I completed an NVQ3 in Administration.

What was your biggest failure?
Can't particularly think of any failures.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had the flu and a couple of horrible colds, that's about it.

What was the best thing you bought?
Aww I have no idea! I buy so much! Probably train tickets.

Whose behaviour merited celebration?
I don't know really, my friends have been good to me as they always are, couldn't fault them <3

Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Nathan was a bit of a prick in the end wasn't he.

Where did most of your money go?
Travelling and gigs I would imagine!!

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Alot of the gigs I went to were exciting for me, like Deaf Havana and The Dangerous Summer on the same tour, and I saw The Used the day before! I was also really excited for The Lion King, though it was bittersweet that my Grandma didn't get to see it.

What song/album will always remind you of 2012?
I think Deaf Havana and The Dangerous Summer will remind me of 2012 most, I listened to those two bands constantly while travelling last year so they'll always remind me of that!

Compared to this time last year, are you:
1. Happier or sadder? Probably about the same? I can't remember!
2. Thinner or fatter? I'd imagine a little fatter lol.
3. Richer or poorer? Technically I'm richer but I'm poorer in the sense that I have no more money coming in now until I get myself a job!

What do you wish you’d done more of?
I don't know really, I think I handled such a shit year well! Maybe more motivation to find a job before they got rid of us.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Again I did all I could last year!

How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
I spent Christmas with my mum and Kelvin, it was our first Christmas without my Grandma so it was strange, but we had a nice relaxed time and we enjoyed it :)

Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Ben, we chat every day.

Did you fall in love in 2012?
Not really. It was too complicated with Nathan to know if I was in love and Ben's more of a brother.

How many one night stands in this last year?
1...ish.

What was your favourite TV programme?
Supernatural!! Ben introduced me to it and now I'm in love <3

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No I don't hate people, my respect is gone for a few people but that's it.

What was the best book(s) you read?
Hmm, I don't really know! Hard to remember when I read books! I read The Hunger Games which was really addictive.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm not sure! Search The City maybe? Not sure when I started listening to My Favourite Highway...Probably James Arthur actually! Do love his stuff!

What did you want and get?
More gigs and travelling, a VCH piercing, and more tattoos.

What did you want and not get?
A boyfriend? lol...I don't know...more time with Tigs and my Grandma?

Did you regret anything in 2012?
I never regret things...although I do almost regret not getting with Lee when we met up that one time. I didn't want to cheat on Nathan, but he turned out to be cheating on me so y'know! Could be ending the year alot differently!

What were your favourite films of this year?
Oh my, what was out this year? Breaking Dawn Pt 2, The Hobbit...Prometheus was good too.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 23, I went to see Pirates! at the cinema with people from work, can't remember what me and fatboys did! Probably our usual nights in watching movies and eating :) <3

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Keeping my job and my Grandma still being alive.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Comfort. I haven't really had a 'style' again this year. Which is sad isn't it.

What kept you sane?
My friends <3

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Nick Frost of course!

What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't really know. Immigration usually annoys the hell out of me.

Who did you miss?
My Grandma, Tigs, sometimes Lee.

Who was the best new person you met?
Ben was the only person I met really! But he's great so it's all good.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
I guess I know now that you just have to take what you've been dealt and do the best you can with it.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
'Cause I'm not a pessimist, but sometimes hope is missed or missing.
Anemophobia - Deaf Havana

In 2012;

I gained: A new friend, metal, ink and qualifications.

I lost: My Grandma, my man, my job.

I stopped: Being nervous of travelling alone.

I started: Travelling, growing up.

I was hugely satisfied by: Travelling, growing up, friends.

And frustrated by: Life throwing shitty curve-balls.

I am so embarrassed that I: Trusted Nathan?

Once again, I: Saw favourite bands, felt alone, spent alot on impulse buying.

Once again, I did not: Fall in love? lol I don't know...

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is: A little heavier, and more body mods, my hair is a bit different too!

The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is: Needing to grow up fast. Not wanting to take any more shit.

I loved spending time: With family and my friends, travelling, listening to good music.

Why did I spend even two minutes: Checking my phone when I have no-one? I still have no idea lmao.

I should have spent more time: Looking for a job I guess lol.

I regret buying: Nothing.

I will never regret buying: Anything!

I watched: Alot of Supernatural!

I didn’t: Do anything productive!

The most relaxing place I went: Pfft, no idea, my own Bed?

Why did I go: There...lol.

The best thing I did for someone else was: Be there I guess.

The best thing I did for myself was: Not dwell on too much.

The best thing someone did for me was: Just keep my company and keep my smiling <3

The one thing I’d like to do again is: I'm not sure. Travel for shows?

Pick three words to describe 2012: challenging, eye-opening, the beginning.

In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? 

I had to be strong losing my Grandma and then Nathan ditching me for someone else. I took it on the chin and had to hold my head high.

In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? 

I had to do alot of growing up this past year.

In what way(s) did you grow physically? 

Wider? XD

In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? 

I feel like the ones I have I'm closer to, even with my besties moving away! I'm not sure how I can feel closer, maybe I just hold everyone dearer now.

What was the most enjoyable part of your work?

Friends!

What was the most challenging part of your work? 

Doing my best when I know the company didn't appreciate me and were getting rid of me!

What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? 

Procrastination! I wasted a lot of time on TV I think.

What was the best way you used your time this past year?

Travelling I guess.

Create a phrase or statement that describes 2012 for you:
Bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment